Birth doulas provide emotional support, physical comfort, information to assist decision-making, and non-medical support that moms and families need during pregnancy and the birth of a baby. Our team of professional doulas will spend time with you during your pregnancy to get to know you and your birth wishes. Your doula will stay at your side throughout your entire labor and birth offering back rubs, positioning suggestions, an encouraging word, and information about decisions you will make. She is also there to support your coach. When a doula is present during and after childbirth, women report greater satisfaction with their birth experience, make more positive assessments of their babies, have fewer cesareans and requests for medical intervention, and less postpartum depression. Studies have shown that babies born with doulas present tend to have shorter hospital stays with fewer admissions to special care nurseries, and breastfeed more easily.
Birth, Baby & Beyond Doulas have served hundreds of families, providing professional, unbiased support during pregnancy, delivery, and during the postpartum period. They have hands-on experience supporting families through hospital birth, homebirth, VBAC (vaginal birth after cesarean, including VBA2C), scheduled cesarean, high risk pregnancy, un-medicated delivery, epidural delivery, multiples, surrogacy, adoptive families, IVF pregnancy, same sex couples, stillbirth, prematurity, and much more. They will meet with you and help assess your individual needs as a family. All plans will be yours and yours alone; you are in charge of your birth. As professionals, BB&B Doulas do not strive to achieve only one specific type of delivery but rather to support families where they are.
Birth, Baby & Beyond Doulas work in a partnership. What this means for you is:
· Throughout your prenatal visits you will get to know TWO doulas. Each doula has her own range of experiences and education to draw from to answer your questions.
· Two doulas who will be on-call for you during your due date period, which means you will always get a well-rested doula who is ready to assist you.
· By partnering together we are best able to ensure a doula you have a well established relationship with will be available during your birth. You don’t have to worry about to possibility of having a back-up doula you’ve never met.
Your Birth, Baby & Beyond Doulas offer many services and several packages to choose from.
Most services are priced individually, doula service packages range from $995-1595.
We will provide the following care (dependent on which package you chose):
· a free, no-obligation, consultation visit
· prenatal visits
· group or private childbirth education as needed
· assistance writing a birth guide
· phone and e-mail consultations throughout pregnancy
· continuous emotional and physical support during your labor
· access to a back-up doula
· referrals to community resources, as needed
· a postpartum visit
· a written birth record
· placenta encapsulation
· belly wrapping
· labor pool rental
· breastfeeding assistance
· postpartum doula support
For more information, please contact us at 319-481-DOULA (3685) or Doulas@BirthBabyAndBeyond.org